For the purposes of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) (EU) 2016/679, the responsible entity is:
Signature Technology DMCC,
Office 3707, Mazaya Avenue BB2,
Jumeirah Lake Towers,
Email address: wecare@Storeus.com
During the processing of your personal data, we conform to the requirements of the applicable data protection legislation. This means we:
- limit our collection of personal data to only the personal data needed for legitimate purposes;
- first ask for explicit permission to process your personal data in cases where your permission is required;
- take appropriate security measures which meet the requirements of the GDPR to secure your personal data and we demand the same from any third-party service providers;
- respect your right to inspect, correct or delete your personal data held by us.
What personal data do we collect?
The personal information we collect about you may include the following:
Personal data you give us when you use our services:
- Identifying information such as your first and last name, email address, and phone number when you register for an account with us;
- You may upload a profile photo or add personal information to your profile by fulfilling the “About me” form in the Profile section of the Storeus.com`s Dashboard. This may be displayed publicly.
- Bidding, and any other information you provide to purchase an item, or other transaction-based content that you generate or that is connected to your account as a result of a transaction you are involved in;
- When you register as a user, as part of our Know your customer (KYC) procedures you will be required to provide address information, as well as personal identification document (such as passport page or ID card), in order to complete our fulfilment processing, and confirm and validate for secure delivery of goods;
- You may also provide us other information through a web form, by updating or adding information to your account, or when you voluntarily enter, including personal information into any postings, comments, or forums within Storeus.com community;
- You may also provide us other information through a web form, by participating in a customer support process or when you otherwise communicate with us regarding our services;
- Additional information we are required or authorised by applicable national laws to collect and process in order to authenticate or identify you or to verify the information we have collected (for example Storeus.com may require you to submit identification or a utility bill to verify your address). If you do not wish to share such information with us, you will be unable to complete any further transactions on Storeus.com.
Personal information we collect automatically when you use our services or register for an account with us
As you use Storeus.com, certain information may also be automatically collected and stored on our or our service providers’ server logs, including your Internet protocol address, browser type, type of device, operating system, and the address of the referring website. This is information we receive from devices (including mobile devices) you use when you access our services.
We may also place small data files on your computer or other devices. These data files may be cookies, pixel tags, Flash Cookies, Silverlight Cookies, or other local storage provided by your browser or associated applications ("Cookies"). We use these technologies to:
- recognise you as a customer;
- customise Storeus.com services, content, and advertising;
- measure promotional effectiveness;
- help ensure that your account security is not compromised;
- mitigate risk and prevent fraud;
- and to promote trust and safety across our site.
We engage in remarketing to market our sites across the web. When a user visits our site, a cookie is placed on the user’s computer. Cookies cannot execute any code, nor transfer any viruses to your computer. We use them in order to anonymously or pseudonymously analyse the use of the website, and present relevant offers to you. Users with this cookie may be targeted across advertising networks to receive relevant advertisements. You may opt-out of this ad serving using the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) opt-out page or the relevant social network’s individual options.
This website uses transient cookies.
Transient cookies are automatically deleted when you close your browser. They are used particularly as session cookies. These save a so-called “session ID” which is used to link subsequent requests made by your browser to each other. Through this, your computer can be recognized when you return to our website. These session cookies are deleted, when you log out or close your browser) and persistent cookies (Persistent cookies are only deleted after a predetermined duration, which can be different for each cookie. You can delete these persistent cookies anytime, through the “Settings” configuration of your browser. We advise you, that if you do so, that not all functionality of this website will be available.
An "Internet protocol address" or "IP Address" is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer or network by your Internet Service Provider. In some cases your IP Address stays the same from browser session to browser session; but if you use a consumer internet access provider, your IP Address probably varies from session to session. We, or our service providers, may track your IP Address when you access Storeus.com to assist with ad targeting and for security purposes.
Personal information collected from other sources
We allow you to connect to our site using social media sites to create your account. Those social media sites may give us automatic access to certain personal information retained by them about you (e.g., content viewed by you, content liked by you, and information about the advertisements you have been shown or have clicked on, etc.). You control the personal information you allow us to have access to through the privacy settings on the applicable social media site and the permissions you give us when you grant us access to the personal information retained by the respective social media site about you. By associating an account managed by a social media site with your account and authorizing us to have access to this information, you agree that we can collect, use and retain the information provided by these social media sites in accordance with this privacy notice. We may also use plug-ins or other technologies from various social media sites. If you click on a link provided via a social media plugin, you are voluntarily establishing a connection with that respective social media site.
Why do we collect, store and process your data?
We use the personal data we collect from you for a range of different business purposes and according to different legal bases of processing. The following is a summary of how and according to which legal bases we use your personal information.
We use your personal information to fulfil a contract with you (Terms and Conditions agreements act as a legal contract between Storeus.com and the user who access our website) and provide you with our services, to comply with our legal obligation, protect your vital interest, or as may be required for the public good. This includes:
- To provide payment processing and account management, operate, measure and improve our services, keep our Services safe, secure and operational, and customise site content that includes products and experiences that you may like in response to actions that you take.
- To contact you regarding your account, to troubleshoot problems with your account, to resolve a dispute, or as otherwise necessary to provide you customer service.
- To prevent, detect, mitigate, and investigate fraud, security breaches or other potentially prohibited or illegal activities.
We use your personal information to pursue our legitimate interests where your rights and freedoms do not outweigh these interests. We have implemented controls to balance our interests with your rights. This includes to:
- Improve our services, for example by reviewing information associated with stalled or crashed pages experienced by users allowing us to identify and fix problems and give you a better experience.
- Personalise, measure, and improve our advertising based on your advertising customisation preferences.
- Send you alerts, updates, administrative messages and otherwise facilitate your use of, and our administration and operation of, our services.
- Monitor and analyse usage and trends.
With your consent, we may use your personal information to:
- Offer you additional information, opportunities, promotions and functionality from us, our partners or our advertisers at your request;
- Process transactions explicitly initiated by you.
You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
We may use technologies considered automated decision making or profiling. We will not make automated decisions about you that would significantly affect you unless such a decision is necessary as part of a contract, we have with you, we have your consent, or we are required by law to use such technology.
How we might share your personal information?
We may provide your Personal Information to third-party service providers who work on behalf of or with us to provide some of the services and features of Storeus.com and to help us communicate with you. Examples of such services include sending email, analysing data, providing marketing assistance, processing payments (including credit card payments), and providing customer service. Disclosure of your personal data may also be required for us to comply with our legal obligations, to enforce our Terms and Conditions agreement or to prevent, detect, mitigate, and investigate fraudulent or illegal activities related to our services. We attempt to minimise the amount of personal information we disclose to what is directly relevant and necessary to accomplish the specified purpose. We do not sell, rent, or otherwise disclose your personal information to third parties for their marketing and advertising purposes without your consent.
We may disclose your personal information to the following parties for the following purposes:
Service Providers and financial institutions partners as follows:
- Third-party service providers who help us to provide our services, payment processing services, data storing services, assist us in providing customised advertising, to assist us with the prevention, detection, mitigation, and investigation of potentially illegal acts, violations of our Terms & Conditions, fraud and/or security breaches, bill collection and other business operations.
- Third-party shipping providers with whom we share delivery address, contact information and shipment tracking information for the purposes of facilitating the delivery of items purchased and other delivery related communications.
Law enforcement, legal proceedings, and as authorised by law
- To law enforcement or governmental agencies, or authorised third-parties, in response to a verified request or legal process relating to a criminal investigation or alleged or suspected illegal activity or any other activity that exposes us, you, or any other of our users to legal liability. We will only disclose information we deem relevant to the investigation or inquiry, such as name, city, state, postcode, telephone number, email address, User ID history, IP address, fraud complaints, bidding and listing history.
- To third parties involved in a legal proceeding, if they provide us with a subpoena, court order or substantially similar legal basis, or we otherwise believe in good faith that the disclosure of information is necessary to prevent imminent physical harm or financial loss or to report suspected illegal activity.
Other Storeus.com partners as authorised by your use of our services
We may share some or all of your Personal Information (other than credit card information) with Merchants whose items you have purchased for their commercial purposes and to provision the item.
Business transitions and your Personal Information
The Ability of Others to View Your Information
Helping you to protect your information is a vital part of our mission. It is up to you to make sure you are comfortable with the information you choose to provide us and the information you choose to publish. You understand that when you use Storeus.com, certain information you post or provide through Storeus.com, such as your name, profile, comments, collections and reviews, may be shared with other users and posted on publicly available portions of Storeus.com, including without limitation, social media applications and other public fora in which you choose to participate. Please keep in mind that if you choose to disclose personal data when posting comments or other information or content through Storeus.com, this information may become publicly available and may be collected and used by others, including people outside the Storeus.com community. We will not have any obligations with respect to any information that you post to parts of Storeus.com that are available to others, and recommend that you use caution when giving out personal information to others through social media networks or otherwise.
By using the Storeus.com`s services, you accept that the above-mentioned publishing of personal data, as well as the processing of personal data by third-party service providers who contracted for their services with Storeus.com or who has the legal basis to process your personal data, does not constitute disclosure of your secret within the meaning of Article 379 of the UAE Penal Code.
Third-Party Sites and Advertising
Our website provides social media buttons/links to services like Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Storeus.com has integrated Facebook Services into its website.
The responsible entity for Facebook is:
Facebook, Inc., 1 Hacker Way, Menlo Park, CA 94025, United States.
When a data subject lives outside the United States or Canada, and Facebook undertakes data processing, the responsible entity is:
Facebook Ireland Ltd, 4 Grand Canal Square, Grand Canal Harbour, Dublin 2, Ireland
When a user clicks the Facebook button, Facebook’s website will be contacted, and user acquisition data will be transferred from Storeus.com to Facebook. Facebook will receive through this the information that the user has visited Storeus.com`s website. Details of the Facebook-supplied plugins can be accessed at: https://developers.facebook.com/docs/plugins
If the user is logged into a Facebook account (even if it is not their own account) at the same time that they access the Storeus.com website, Facebook will additionally receive a notification that they have visited Storeus.com’s website. Facebook collects this information, so the theoretical possibility exists that it could associate it with the Facebook account. The same also applies to the “Like” button, or to the usage of Facebook comment forms; Facebook could associate this information with the logged-in Facebook account.
To prevent this, you can log out of any Facebook accounts prior to visiting the Storeus.com website. To do this, you must visit the Facebook website.
For further information relating to data protection and Facebook, please see: https://facebook.com/about/privacy
Storeus.com has integrated Google into its website.
The responsible entity for Google is:
Google LLC, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA. When a data subject lives outside the United States or Canada, and Google undertakes data processing, the responsible entity is:
Google Ireland, Google Building Gordon House, 4 Barrow St, Dublin, D04 E5W5, Ireland.
When a user clicks the Google button, Google’s website will be contacted, and user acquisition data will be transferred from Storeus.com to Google. Google will receive through this the information that the user has visited Storeus.com `s website.
If the user is logged into a Google account (even if it is not their own account) at the same time that they access they Storeus.com website, Google will additionally receive a notification that they have visited Storeus.com’s website. Google collects this information, so the theoretical possibility exists that it could associate it with the Google account.
For further information relating to data protection and Facebook, please see: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en.
How long do we keep your personal information?
We retain your personal information for as long as necessary to provide the services you have requested, or for other essential purposes such as complying with our legal obligations, resolving disputes, and enforcing our policies.
For example, in order to satisfy Anti Money Laundering, Know Your Customer requirements and for address verification purposes, users of Storeus.com are required to provide their personal details, passport copy or government ID and proof of address. This information remains encrypted on the data storage server we use until the user requests to delete their profile. Upon such а request, users who have no outstanding payments can close their accounts. Under UAE Federal Law No 2 of 2015 Commercial Companies, it is our obligation to retain records for five years, unless in the cases related to real estate where the retention policy is fifteen.
Our specific retention times for personal information are documented in our regional records retention schedules. How long we retain personal information can vary significantly based on the context of the services we provide and on our legal obligations. After it is no longer necessary for us to retain your personal information, we will dispose of it in a secure manner.
The Storeus.com services are not directed to children under the age of 18, no matter where they live, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 18 without obtaining parental consent. If you are under 18 years of age, then please do not use or access the Storeus.com services at any time or in any manner. If we learn that personal information has been collected on the Storeus.com services from persons under 18 years of age and without verifiable parental consent, then we will take the appropriate steps to delete this information. If you are a parent or guardian and discover that your child under 18 years of age has provided personal information, then you may alert us as set forth in the “Contact details'' section and request that we delete that child’s personal information from our systems.
In any case, under the applicable legislation, if you consider that the processing of personal data relating to you infringes the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data) you have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority in the state of your habitual residence, place of work or place of the alleged infringement.
You have the following rights concerning your personal data:
- The right to access your personal data - ask if we are processing information and, if we are, request access to your personal information. This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold and certain other information about you;
- The right to correct - request that any incomplete or inaccurate personal information about you that we hold be corrected;
- The right to delete your personal data - ask us to delete or remove your personal information in certain circumstances. There are certain exceptions where we may refuse a request for erasure, for example, where the personal information is required for compliance with law or in connection with legal claims;
- The right to restrict processing of your personal data - ask us to suspend the processing of your personal information, for example, to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it;
- The right to object to the processing of your personal data - challenge our processing of personal information based on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) or for direct marketing purposes. However, we may be entitled to continue processing information in certain circumstances;
- The right to data portability - request the transfer of certain personal information to another party;
- If you have given your consent to the processing of your personal data, you can withdraw this consent at any time. Such a withdrawal of consent will only affect the processing of your data after it is given.
Please note that you always make clear who you are, so that we can assure that we do not modify or remove the data from the wrong person.
Should we continue to process your personal data because we assess our legitimate interests to do so outweigh your legitimate interests you may object to this processing. This is only applicable in the case where the processing of personal data is not required in order for us to fulfill a contract with you. To exercise such an objection, we request that you detail the grounds based on which we should no longer process your personal data. We will check the details of your circumstances based on the grounds you provide, and either stop processing your personal data, or detail to you the legal basis on which we continue to process your personal data.
Additionally, you always have the right to make a complaint to the relevant authorities regarding our processing of your personal data in the country where you normally reside, where we are based or where an alleged infringement of data protection law has taken place.
How you can exercise your rights
Should you wish to exercise any of these rights, you will need to provide proof of identification that you are the person to whom the data relates. The data you will receive includes data we have related to you, the source of that data, the recipients, or types of recipients to whom the data was transferred, and the purposes for which the data was stored. To exercise these rights, please contact us.
Signature Technology DMCC Office 3707, Mazaya Business Avenue, BB2, Jumeirah Lake Towers
Email address: email@example.com